The following companies have made core contributions:
Other organisations are welcome to contribute.
Industry Advisory Group
- Dr Graeme Hancock, General Manager Social Performance, Newcrest Mining Limited
- Dr Andrew Holding, Manager Social Responsibility, Newcrest Mining Limited
- Dr Michele Fulcher, Manager, Anthropology & Social Assessment, Newcrest Mining Limited; Director, Anthropologica Pty Ltd
- Dr Laura Brooks, Head of Social Performance, Anglo American
- Jon Samuel, Group Head of Social Performance and Engagement, Anglo American
- Nick Cotts, Group Executive of Sustainability and External Relations, Newmont Mining
- Janet Reark, Principal Advisor Communities and Social Performance, Rio Tinto
- Jen Bowcock, Principal Advisor Communities and Social Performance, HSEC Support – RTX & Projects, Rio Tinto
- Troy Hey, Executive General Manager Stakeholder Relations, MMG Limited
- Melanie Stutsel, General Manager Social Development & Public Policy, MMG Limited
- Richard Savage, Senior Manager Community Projects, Porgera JV
- John Gillman, Manager Resettlement, Porgera JV
- Lisa Dean, Principal Advisor CSP, External Affairs and Communities, Corporate Relations, Rio Tinto
- Janina Gawler, Global Practice Leader, Communities and Social Performance, Rio Tinto
The University of Queensland’s (UQ) Mining, Resettlement and Livelihoods: Research and Practice Consortium, hosted by the Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining (CSRM), released a new workbook today aimed at introducing the Impoverishment Risk and Reconstruction (IRR) Model for Resettling Displaced Populations (the “IRR model”) and highlight how it can be applied in the mining industry.
This short 2 minute video clip uses time series data to show footprint developments and land use change in and around the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga province of Papua New Guinea.
The primary aim of the report is to understand the mechanisms and instruments that governments are using to manage resettlement risks in the mining sector. Key findings show that the existing international standards have been unevenly incorporated into national frameworks.